“Of all the nano aquariums I have set up and maintained, the ECO MINI is the best! The fan, as well as the open top, means heat is not an issue, as it is in the traditional “hotbox” we are so used too in most nano aquarium designs.”
Scott Michael, Author of Reef Fishes Series
The ECO MINI 14R nano aquarium incorporates the EcoSystem Miracle Mud Method in a superior-quality, built-in filtration system. This unique filtration system ensures that the reef animals housed in the aquarium have the best chance to thrive long term. The EcoSystem Method has three distinct functions:
1. It is the most efficient denitrifying filter (fixes/eliminates nitrate in the aquarium);
2. Miracle Mud continuously replenishes the mineral and trace element concentration in the aquarium, making this the most comprehensive filter available (you do not need add any supplements to this nano aquarium);
3. The built-in refugium provides a continuous micro food-web for your nano reef inhabitants (no need to add phytoplankton/green water to this nano aquarium).
In addition, the ECO MINI 14R has a phosphate-removing component built in, to keep this nano aquarium free of nuisance algae and/or cyanobacteria (red slime algae).
For more information, please click here.
- One desktop curve-front glass aquarium
- One complete filtration system attached to the aquarium, based on the EcoSystem Miracle Mud method.
- One built-in refugium
- One filter canopy with fan attached
- Two small, 7-ounce/196 gram Miracle Mud trays
- One LED refugium light
- One ECO Phos carbon cartridge
- One ECO Dura 600 submersible pump and bioballs
- Turn-key 14-gallon (54 liter) nano system measures (L x W x H): 16½ x 14¾ x 14½ inches (42 x 37.4 x 36.8 centimeters)
- Durable glass construction: Body = 0.24 inch (6 millimeters) thick; Bottom glass = 0.39 inch (10 millimeters) thick
- EcoSystem Miracle Mud Filter System is built in to the mini aquarium
- Refugium filter with two replaceable Miracle Mud trays
- Refugium filter lighted with waterproof LED lights
- UL-listed Italian pumps included
- Ventilation fan included
- Open infinity top (maintains temperature to keep system cool)
- ECO Phos carbon filter cartridge removes phosphates and organics from the water
- All parts are replaceable for easy repair and long-lasting use