Miracle Mud® is the original refugium mud substrate developed by Leng Sy in late 1989.
Koi Pond Miracle Mud 3
Miracle Mud® is a product of EcoSystem Aquarium®. Miracle Mud is comprised of up to 80% oceanic mud, harvested from deep waters, and is then dried on land. The remaining 20% is a formulation of minerals and trace elements that make Miracle Mud a true “MIRACLE.” The mineral and trace element composition is as follows:
Aluminum, antimony, barium, beryllium, bismuth, boron, bromine, cadmium, calcium, cerium, cesium, chromium, chloride, cobalt, dysprosium, erbium, europium, fluorine, gadolinium, gallium, germanium, gold, hafnium, holmium, indium, iodine, iridium, iron, lanthanum, lithium, lutetium, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, neodymium, nickel, niobium, osmium, palladium, phosphorus, platinum, potassium, praseodymium, rhodium, rubidium, ruthenium, rhenium, samarium, selenium, silicon, silver, sodium, strontium, sulfur, tantalum, tellurium, terbium, thallium, thorium, thulium, tin, titanium, tungsten, vanadium, ytterbium, yttrium, zinc, zirconium.
- Miracle Mud continuously replenishes the mineral and trace element concentration in the pond water, creating the ideal environment for koi carbs.
- Miracle Mud will restore faded color koi.
- Miracle Mud ensures an environment so healthy that it dramatically reverses the effects of head and lateral line erosion (HLLE) as seen in marine fish below.
- Miracle Mud creates an environment so healthy that a novice koi keeper can have his or her pond showpiece.
- Miracle Mud makes an ideal and highly efficient denitrifying refugium filter, leading to a pristine environment for the koi carbs in the pond. The fine consistency of Miracle Mud produces distinct aerobic and anaerobic layers that enable it to be both an excellent nitrifier, as well as a denitrifier.
a. Miracle Mud is the most ECONOMICAL refugium filter substrate to use if the goal is to remove nitrate from the pond water!
b. Miracle Mud will continuously replenish the minerals and trace element concentration in the pond, so that ANYONE can set up and maintain a koi pond with ease.